What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

3 minutes ago, dunks said:

Either wasted a few pennies or got a bargain... Noticed a few gt3 front brake ducts on ebay , which apparently aids cooling for  the brake discs, seem to be listed for anything up to £60, Genuine are around £50 a set  had a quick look on design911 and there less than a tenner a set   , got to be a pricing error , but the've been dispatched and due tomorrow, research shows they fit 986 & 987 boxsters

https://www.design911.com/Porsche-997-Brake-Duct-Air-Scoop-99734148392-99734148492/prod128126/?source=doofinder

99734148392  £2.41

99734148492 £2.38

granted +VAT

8 hours ago, RalphyBMW said:

99734148392  £2.41

99734148492 £2.38

granted +VAT

I tried to order these to ship to Finland, but Design911 website states on checkout screen, that "The order to EU has to be above 130 GBP"... so can't order those. Never see thia on any country's 'this how we do business' statement (incl. US, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc...).

Least to say, I'm a bit surprised.

24 minutes ago, pacificjuha said:

I tried to order these to ship to Finland, but Design911 website states on checkout screen, that "The order to EU has to be above 130 GBP"... so can't order those. Never see thia on any country's 'this how we do business' statement (incl. US, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc...).

I suspect I know why they have that minimum order value.

If it helps order them for delivery to me and I’ll forward them to you. We can work out the onward postage to you - just cover those costs.
Send me a message if that works for you - am happy to help. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacificjuha said:

Have you asked your local OPC fir a price, or too far to travel?

9 hours ago, pacificjuha said:

So much for Overnight Parts from Essex.

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, map said:

I suspect I know why they have that minimum order value.

If it helps order them for delivery to me and I’ll forward them to you. We can work out the onward postage to you - just cover those costs.
Send me a message if that works for you - am happy to help. 

Fantastic, thank you map. I'll check the price from local Porsche tomorrow and will drop you a note after that.

Edited by pacificjuha

Changed the oil and filter, took the rear callipers off to clean and re drill the rear disks. 
I noticed one fleck of plastic in the filter and a couple in the bottom of the drained oil. 
I am sure this is from the guides and as I have a 3 chain motor not the variocam pads. 
For those who do their oil changes how much if any “bits” do you get in your oil?

Edited by Halfordwill

21 hours ago, Halfordwill said:

Changed the oil and filter, took the rear callipers off to clean and re drill the rear disks. 
I noticed one fleck of plastic in the filter and a couple in the bottom of the drained oil. 
I am sure this is from the guides and as I have a 3 chain motor not the variocam pads. 
For those who do their oil changes how much if any “bits” do you get in your oil?

My engines done 211k and I tend to change every 3000-5000 miles, I always cut open the oil filter, never seen any metal or plastic in the oil….yet.

Found a problem with my Boxster today.  The car is fine, but now most things are sorted it seems to go faster, particularly with the roof up (only 6°C today and a plastic rear window...).  Guess I need to recalibrate myself to the quieter ride, but a nice problem to have. 😀

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, Daboy3000 said:

Now the tent is up I've been working on the interior. Found an old tracker from the 90s. Removed that and some old stereo wiring. 

It almost feels like I'm indoors. 

51695356863_3d9f1617af_b.jpg

Have you got a heater in there? The temp has really dropped now, have you hooked up lighting?

10 hours ago, the baron said:

Have you got a heater in there? The temp has really dropped now, have you hooked up lighting?

I have an oil filled rad, but up till about 2pm the sun has been making it very toasty.  I've got two lights, a traditional led bulb and a LED photography panel which can run on a battery so I can move it about. I also have a maintenance battery charger and cctv. 

I've also come up with a way of locking it so no curious eye can just open it. 

I'm really happy with it, such a great space to be able to work on the car, it doesn't feel like I'm on the drive. 

19 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

I have an oil filled rad, but up till about 2pm the sun has been making it very toasty.  I've got two lights, a traditional led bulb and a LED photography panel which can run on a battery so I can move it about. I also have a maintenance battery charger and cctv. 

I've also come up with a way of locking it so no curious eye can just open it. 

I'm really happy with it, such a great space to be able to work on the car, it doesn't feel like I'm on the drive. 

You just need to dig a 6ft inspection pit in there and you can start charging😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the baron said:

You just need to dig a 6ft inspection pit in there and you can start charging😂

How does an inspection pit help his CTEK??? 🤔  🤣

Edited by ½cwt

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

How does an inspection pit help his CTEK??? 🤔  🤣

Get an old coal mining donkey to run a treadmill hooked up to an alternator? 🤔