What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

I thought so. I almost, nearly attended but decided that a crispy walk up at Leith Hill with my wife and dogs would be preferable, or so my wife thought! 😁

13 hours ago, nelmo said:

Indeed...

Is that the Surrey FB group? I'm on the whatsapp groups but have yet to be able to make it to a meet. Want to go, just to see my old car that Pete now has!

2 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Is that the Surrey FB group? I'm on the whatsapp groups but have yet to be able to make it to a meet. Want to go, just to see my old car that Pete now has!

It is - Pete was there on Sunday and his/your car still going well. Not sure if you put the decal on the side but I quite like that one - bit more subtle than the full stripe or big text...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nelmo said:

It is - Pete was there on Sunday and his/your car still going well. Not sure if you put the decal on the side but I quite like that one - bit more subtle than the full stripe or big text...

No - it was out of the box when i had it - the only modification i made was the Porsche lettering on the bootlid.

Had a whatsapp call with Lee from Cotswold Porsche  at 9am this morning who told me which fuses to pull out for the radio - now need to see if this stops the parasitic drain that’s turning my weekend toy into my daily/ every other daily!

20 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Let me know when the next one is and I might bring the old bus up

Edit : Thats for the Newlands meet, not @CAZ having Whatsapp calls 😆

Pencilled in for this Sunday, 8:45...but it's Mothers Day so may get canned or there will be only a few there...

We normally go a bit further south, so maybe find the FB group (Surrey Porksters, or something like that. I'd give you a link but I can never find the darn thing myself and it's a 'page' rather than a 'group', which is a pain to find - we do our comms through WhatsApp).

Edited by nelmo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

The only thing I am up and dressed and out the house for at 8:45 on my day off would be a Motorbike track day 😆

Yeah, it's a stretch for me as well. However, my kit car group meet at 7am, so they avoid traffic and have a fun loon around quiet roads, but that means getting up at 6 or so which I've done a few times but it's damn hard and is seriously one of the issues that means I will probably be selling the kit car instead of the Boxster.

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Let me know when the next one is and I might bring the old bus up

That’s no way to talk about your other half! 🤣

• Haha 1

it seems that if you upload from the app, the picture opens up on your screen and you select the link it will give you the code that you have posted. If you click on the picture itself so it opens up larger on your screen and then click share, copy link, then it will work as below. 

gFVRWGg.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Almost took the cover off today. I definitely will in the next few days and look forward to reacquainting myself with, “ the boudoir”!

EJLVIKt.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phazed said:

Almost took the cover off today. I definitely will in the next few days and look forward to reacquainting myself with, “ the boudoir”!

EJLVIKt.png

Best colour interior 

1 hour ago, Slomofo said:

What am I doing wrong!?

You need the link that ends in '.jpg' and then the forum software will put the pic in.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, phazed said:

EJLVIKt.png

My, that's red!

Forget the official Porsche umbrella in the door, need to fit the umbrella handle to a whip... fluffy handcuffs dangling from the r/v mirror....

Drivers side window regulator went crunch today :(

I changed them myself when I had the 986S (3 times actually!) but not sure I will do it on this one. Depends on the cost I guess. 

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Drivers side window regulator went crunch today :(

I changed them myself when I had the 986S (3 times actually!) but not sure I will do it on this one. Depends on the cost I guess. 

Interesting. At what mileage did it fail?

24 minutes ago, phazed said:

Interesting. At what mileage did it fail?

83,000 miles on the car.
I looked at a Youtube video and apart from having an aluminium panel behind the door card instead of the clear membrane, it is exactly the same job as when I did my 986 in the past.

New OEM Regulator looking about £244, will not get an aftermarket one as when I did that with my 986 it literally lasted a year and broke again. Porsche MidSussex want £291 for one but they have them in stock

@T911UK says out of stock on your site, can you Pm me with availability pls? :)

Edited by Bike Loon