What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

I’ve got a black Function First gear knob with red numbers coming in the New Year, married to the alcantara shift boot I think it will work well.

May also have centre console colour coded Basalt Black, and may carbon skin (not wrap) the silver trim which surrounds the shift boot.

Also have a plan for the silver fascia of the HVAC and below too.

During the Christmas holiday I had the chance to charge my Porsche battery. CTEK, took a day, and now I can rest easy for another few months.

I've also started to do a list of what I want to do to the car next spring. Adding SPORT-mode is first on my list (PDK without one...). Others might be wheels refurbish, and lowering the car a bit.

These pics I look at when I miss the summer and driving. Four months to go...

https://imgur.com/PvFD23x

I'm not able to post photos. I've posted three previously, but my quota is full. How to link a picture straight into the post? I have Imgur, Onedrive, Apple-share etc.

Edited by Finbox

17 minutes ago, Finbox said:

During the Christmas holiday I had the chance to charge my Porsche battery. CTEK, took a day, and now I can rest easy for another few months.

I've also started to do a list of what I want to do to the car next spring. Adding SPORT-mode is first on my list (PDK without one...). Others might be wheels refurbish, and lowering the car a bit.

These pics I look at when I miss the summer and driving. Four months to go...

https://imgur.com/PvFD23x

I'm not able to post photos. I've posted three previously, but my quota is full. How to link a picture straight into the post? I have Imgur, Onedrive, Apple-share etc.

From Imgur use the drop down once you have selected the picture you want and select BCC Forum Links, then remove the bit of the link in square brackets at the start and end once pasted on the forum.

• Like 1

Took her out fir the first time in nearly 3 weeks and filled her up with petrol - will take her for a decent drive on Monday 😊👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonSta said:

Were they any good? Like your anti ticket number plate btw.

7/10 I’d say but for 35 quid, I wondered why we received so much attention and then I saw the bill.. ouch.. Definite pants down moment but wasn’t going to let it spoil the day :)

• Like 1

No prizes for guessing what part of the car I fixed today 🤣

Glad I took someone’s advice from a while ago and had a spare waiting for the day to come. Nice easy job 👍

09DT3se.jpg

2 hours ago, 2001pt said:

No prizes for guessing what part of the car I fixed today 🤣

Glad I took someone’s advice from a while ago and had a spare waiting for the day to come. Nice easy job 👍

09DT3se.jpg

That looks like a handy spare to have, did you buy a pair? Are they OEM Porsche (Amazon have them for £28) or another brand?

2 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

That looks like a handy spare to have, did you buy a pair? Are they OEM Porsche (Amazon have them for £28) or another brand?

They will be third party. Look on EBay you can find them for a tenner a pop.

18 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

I got them as a pair from eBay. From what I’ve read on here before, you can’t actually get OEM replacements without buying the whole arm.

Here’s the link of the ones I bought:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-PORSCHE-986-987-BOXSTER-TWO-CONVERTIBLE-TOP-BALL-PIN-PUSH-ROD-REPAIR-PARTS-/371133038712

2 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

Thanks both, presumably it's one of those things that when one goes you do both at same time?

If they are the originals on there then if one goes, the other wont be long behind. If it's already been replaced then not necessarily the case. For the money I'd buy two and you're covered.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

Thanks both, presumably it's one of those things that when one goes you do both at same time?

Oh and whatever you go for, go for the plastic ones, some sellers sell metal ones. The plastic ones are designed to shear for a reason if something on the roof goes out of alignment. In the case of the original ones they can just snap as the plastic is old.

14 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

11 minutes ago, iborguk said:

If they are the originals on there then if one goes, the other wont be long behind. If it's already been replaced then not necessarily the case. For the money I'd buy two and you're covered.

Yep, agree with that logic. I didn’t replace both at the same time but now you’ve got me thinking it’s probably a good idea

3 minutes ago, Hainesy said:

Ordered for the spares box. I went with these that felt vaguely more trustworthy that some off of China. They ship from actual Germany 🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371133038712?hash=item566940c078:g:7moAAOSwd4tTv6YO

The ones I linked were in the UK but hey your purchase, your rules, they look fine.

I had a mooch on AliExpress to see if it was any cheaper ordering direct - it was about the same once Vat was added and I noted they use the same photo for the white ones. I’m sure it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things tho!