What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

2 hours ago, 944GS said:

Left work early and took the long route to walk the dog at the beach since the sun was out.  I’ve only had the car since late August so not had a summer in it yet but I never imagined I’d be driving with the roof down as often as I have done over the winter!

The car is lowered at the front but not the rear and it’s a pain getting in the drive, would there be any benefit for someone to have done this or is it more likely they’ve just used the wrong parts?

Im also looking to get both bumpers painted and the wheels done in a darker colour, would like black but I’ve not convinced myself on that one yet.

Clutch is also heavier than I’d like but my indy says there plenty life in it yet although I still think I’m going to get him to change it sooner than he recommends. 

A78635C3-24EA-43BE-A244-E3CCABAA7531

Me personally. I like silver wheels  

Against a black car anything “dark” will get lost.  

same with grills.

i think black needs highlights not low lights so I would be looking for more things (mirror lowers) to be a lighter colour  

But all personal taste.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 944GS said:

Left work early and took the long route to walk the dog at the beach since the sun was out.  I’ve only had the car since late August so not had a summer in it yet but I never imagined I’d be driving with the roof down as often as I have done over the winter!

The car is lowered at the front but not the rear and it’s a pain getting in the drive, would there be any benefit for someone to have done this or is it more likely they’ve just used the wrong parts?

Im also looking to get both bumpers painted and the wheels done in a darker colour, would like black but I’ve not convinced myself on that one yet.

Clutch is also heavier than I’d like but my indy says there plenty life in it yet although I still think I’m going to get him to change it sooner than he recommends. 

That's got 2023 calendar written all over it, if the source file is good enough for the printing. @Malcolm E Box

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

I can't for the life of me find the link to the member who does a full LED upgrade for the interior bulbs for a Boxster. Can anyone help please.

These are available from Amazon.com long postage date I used them no problems.  https://www.amazon.com/ZIYO-ZPL8988-Interior-Replacement-2005-2012/dp/B07H4TJK19 sorry don’t know a member who provides them 

A spin into the peaks.. With a fast road setup this thing sticks to the road like glue. Shame other drivers get upset  when you’re not even pushing it..  Had  my first encounter with a peloton of cycles in the middle of the road. New rules or not, ideology is gonna get them killed..

On 1/29/2022 at 2:42 PM, iborguk said:

Collected car from OPC

Car MOT’d

New OE roof fitted (warranty)

New OE Windscreen fitted

Bought some new wipers and OPC number plates.

The new screen was for the new wipers lol. Now thats a proper owner :) 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, 944GS said:

I would've preferred silver wheels to mine. They're OK but if it hadn't been for the silver rims they would've just disappeared

https://ibb.co/TWjRK1R

3 hours ago, iborguk said:

IMG-20211028-185123.jpg

7 hours ago, JonSta said:

I would've preferred silver wheels to mine. They're OK but if it hadn't been for the silver rims they would've just disappeared

I always think black wheels look great up close but agree they don’t photograph well.

Edited by 944GS

On 1/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Boyo said:

I can't for the life of me find the link to the member who does a full LED upgrade for the interior bulbs for a Boxster. Can anyone help please.

Hi there... its me. Drop me a line I have just got some new stock

If anybody else interested, I've got an advert on Porsche 987 Owners Group on Facebook and also on eBay.

Advert here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/351201258590173/permalink/1401622233548065/

Or I do have them for sale on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-Boxster-987-LED-Interior-Light-Upgrade-Kit-Detailed-Fitment-Guide-12Pcs-/384716631025?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

On 1/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Boyo said:

Hi there... its me. Drop me a line I have just got some new stock