What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

59 minutes ago, McDonald said:

Mine's parked at the airport for a couple of weeks while I'm working in Belfast. I'll know I'm home as soon as I'm sitting in the driver's seat. It puts a smile on my face as soon as I catch sight of it.

Hope your battery is up for it too, right @TGI_J;)   If it weren't for a friendly bus driver intend on helping out he'd still be stuck at Gatwick...

Edited by Quinten

14 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I’m damm sure it’s a placebo effect, however went out for a hour blast, terrorised a couple of pensioners who were doing 35 in a 50 mile zone !! Result !

Thats awful! the speed limit is a limit, not a target...

Haha. I'm a pensioner, you'd have to catch me on a REALLY bad day to do that to me...  :)

Edited by andygo

1 hour ago, andygo said:

Thats awful! the speed limit is a limit, not a target...

Haha. I'm a pensioner, you'd have to catch me on a REALLY bad day to do that to me...  :)

Clonking past a warp speed from walking pace with circa 330 bhp on tap, I think most pensioners, would shake a finger or two , shouting w*nk*r !!

13 straight days of work and a couple of beers last night. 

plan is to uncover the car and drive all weekend. All chores, errands and whataboutry shall be Porsche #weekend 

34 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

13 straight days of work and a couple of beers last night. 

plan is to uncover the car and drive all weekend. All chores, errands and whataboutry shall be Porsche #weekend 

Might be at R19 Donnington Grove meet on Sunday Kam ( got to pay John for my Shere Hill Climb ticket ) 😊

I’ve got the hardtop on for winter and I was worried that it prevented me checking that the rear drains were unblocked. In the gap between rain showers I whipped the hardtop off and found the drains were completely dry and clear. It seems that the design keeps rain and debris out of that area completely. Nice to know and means I only need to resume drain checks once the hardtop comes off.

Fitted stainless manifold bolts to my silver one. Also, replaced the caliper bolts to the OS rear. I did the NS the other weekend when I had to helicoil it follwing a shoes, pads and disc change.  Thought about fitting the Zunsport grills but cba so it'll wait for another day. 

On the black one. Removed the smoked repeaters it came with, replaced with OEM. It came with the former fitted, not my cup of tea. Have these for sale if anyone is interested. Fitted some felt pads to the base where the wind deflector thing goes to stop it rattling. Removed the P O R S C H E letters from the boot lid as a bit of the E had broken. Not standard, previous owner took the Boxster S badge off and fitted this instead. Again, I prefer the OEM look. Replacement Boxster S badge coming in the post from Etsy, next month hopefully.

Hoovered them both.

• Like 1

Repaired my haunted cup holders today whilst Mrs C was watching the rugby. One holder wasn't latching plus the door hinge was broken off in the middle. The door would jam shut but occasionally spring open by itself and release a cup holder Alien style.

Stripped down, plastic glued with Loctite All Plastics (good stuff) and the holder latch repaired with a cut down gold screw. All working now.

A fascinating toy and a design marvel but does anyone actually use them or just play with them until they break?

19 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Clonking past a warp speed from walking pace with circa 330 bhp on tap, I think most pensioners, would shake a finger or two , shouting w*nk*r !!

I've taken to backing right off the gas when I phhsically overtake (having engaged the warp drive before I draw alongside) as I feel it's the noise that wakes up the dreamers. Gotto make the most of it whilst you still can, it's getting ever harder to enjoy yourself these days.  Wokeism has come to a road near you I'm afraid, but thats a whole new topic.

Trouble is, most people have absolutely no concept of how rapid a Porker is and as they are travelling at what 'they' consider acceptable and don't care about anyone else, they get easily startled from there dream like existence, lol.

5 minutes ago, andygo said:

I've taken to backing right off the gas when I phhsically overtake (having engaged the warp drive before I draw alongside) as I feel it's the noise that wakes up the dreamers. Gotto make the most of it whilst you still can, it's getting ever harder to enjoy yourself these days.  Wokeism has come to a road near you I'm afraid, but thats a whole new topic.

Trouble is, most people have absolutely no concept of how rapid a Porker is and as they are travelling at what 'they' consider acceptable and don't care about anyone else, they get easily startled from there dream like existence, lol.

Interestingly, I do the same myself,with valves open, full asbo mode , tend to light it up just as I have passed. Had a couple of  occasions when it’s made the driver jump a tad , and turned into me. Basically people that don’t use there mirrors,as frequently as most!