What have you done to your 718 today?

Happy Days

On 7/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, Boyo said:

Rears are 265 on 20 inch rims. I mainly use the car for touring hence the comfort pressures.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Boyo said:

My GTS 4.0 is 2 years old today

Wait, you bought a 4.0 GTS for comfort touring?

On 8/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, Menoporsche said:

Wait, you bought a 4.0 GTS for comfort touring?

I like to get off main roads sonetimes and some of the lanes etc don't lend themselves to speed.

Here she is....

66-Car-Home.jpg

On the drive after I drove her home...

I think I'm in love again! 

The co-pilot also loves the car. She said that this is the first car you have bought that she wants to drive...!!

Edited by 224 Peter
Addition.
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

Here she is....

66-Car-Home.jpg

On the drive after I drove her home...

I think I'm in love again! 

The co-pilot also loves the car. She said that this is the first car you have bought that she wants to drive...!!

That looks a beaut. Enjoy.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:43 PM, 224 Peter said:

This way lies trouble...

Although with the bonus of sharing designated driver roles.

Edited by ½cwt

5 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

Today I'll try and get CarPlay to work. The car should have CarPlay, but it refuses to talk to my phone. Or my phone refuses to talk to it.  Bluetooth works correctly......

Is there a USB connector in the glove box between the seats?

I think there is some subtleties in the options that were spec’ed.  connect and Connect plus come to mind.  Connect gives you CarPlay , connect plus online services - but I may have that wrong - since my I C E is steam driven.  

There are 3rd party routes to “stuff” - see this post 

@Richard Hamilton anything on “can do CarPlay” vs “can be made to do CarPlay” ? 

Edited by Paul P

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

I think there is some subtleties in the options that were spec’ed.  connect and Connect plus come to mind.  Connect gives you CarPlay , connect plus online services - but I may have that wrong - since my I C E is steam driven.  

There are 3rd party routes to “stuff” - see this post 

@Richard Hamilton anything on “can do CarPlay” vs “can be made to do CarPlay” ? 

Carplay is a separate option to Connect/+. 

I think what Malcolm E Box was hinting at is that it isn't wireless Carplay. You need to connect the phone to the USB port in the armrest cubby. Or get a wireless adapter and plug it in there, like I did. 

There is no USB between the seats, just in the glove box, so I suspect that the car does not have CarPlay, I'll check with the dealer and see what they say. I was told that the car did, but this was by a salesperson. 

It also seems that despite the hand book states there does not seem to be a SIM Card slot under the flap, annoying. 

Last, the car will not download vehicle data to the App and an attempt to refresh data failed. The car sees my iPhone and works, but I see no way to update the navigation data. 

All in all there are some anomalies that need sorting, or explaining. 

Option IV2 includes all those things (Connect+, CarPlay, SIM card slot, and the USB in the centre compartment).

You would have to update the map data with an SD card.  However, the free SD updates are restricted to (IIRC) 3 years from new.  There is a way to 'hack' the system to update the maps and add CarPlay, but you need reasonable computer skills.  PM me if you want details, but you can try the dealer route first, as CarPlay is retrofittable with an official Porsche kit.

19 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Is why Carpplay does not work. There are various ways to retrofit it depending on the size of your wallet or your computer skills.

Given the car was sold as with CarPlay then the dealer can sort the issue. 

3 hours ago, Bodge50 said:

Any recommendations to fix a LED headlight crack47099C18-CCDC-4916-80E6-7623D63A6748.thumb.jpeg.f445dca0b90d7e1b65050edafda6ca03.jpeg

Seen a few google hits for these, no idea how good or how easy it is to disassemble/reassemble the lens cover.

http://www.headlight-headlamp.com/Porsche-Cayman-LED-Headlight-Lens-Cover-Crack-982-781-Boxster-Spyder-Headlamps-Plastic-Lenses-Covers-Replacement.html

9 hours ago, iborguk said:

Thankyou for the info - will do some more investigation before I decide what to do - guessing a new headlight price with fitting would be astronominical 😳

43 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

Thankyou for the info - will do some more investigation before I decide what to do - guessing a new headlight price with fitting would be astronominical 😳

Which headlight variant do you have ?

IIRC for example the led headlight with PDLS+ is about £2.5k a side new.

There are some 2nd units on the Bay of E.

These guys talk about offering a lens replacement service, there may be others out there...

https://www.skippys-restore.co.uk/Headlight-Lens-Replacement.html

Edited by iborguk
  • Thanks 1