What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

1 hour ago, ptholt said:

I should have given a bit more info really as you may revise your valuations based on age/miles.

its a 2005 3.2s with Porsche sport design body kit.

82k miles, 6 owners full porsche and indy service history. A whole host of "improvements" and a decent std spec - 

Full heated electric leather (on recline not the base)
xenon headlights (recently fully refurbished and re-lacqured)
electric windows and remote locking - with two keys and the little black thing
PASM
PSM
6 speed manual
sport chrono
Air con
19" lobsters on fresh P zero rubber on the rears (lots of life in the fronts)

Had ims, clutch and both air condensers done at 62k miles. (lots of other bills, but felt these were important).

The interesting bits - 
Sport design bodykit
upgraded design 911 rear led lights
Porsche GT3 brake master cylinder (bought brand new and fitted at last service 2 months ago - along with aux belt)
Porsche GT3 brake vents
Quick shift kit
Zunsport grills with led dlrs
BMC air filter fitted 2 months ago
Porsche Cad de snorkle
Clear side indicators
Upgraded LED interior lights
Porsche 997.1 wheel retrimmed in stone grey leather (same as interior)
Pioneer apple car play touch screen with reversing camera
upgraded speakers, amp and subwoofer (all expensive items, bills for over a grand worth of audio)
Carnewal GT exhaust (on a 6000 mile exhaust i bought and had fitted in August 2020
Porsche sport twin tail pipes

No harm at starting high at the moment, you can always come down, never go up.

used car prices are daft at the moment, good photos and well written description and you might get lucky

Sorry to hear you have to sell. Hope everything works out.

I struggle to get my head around anyone paying 15k for a 3.2.  But yours has a lot of really choice additions.

15k top top, but 13k for a reasonably fast sale, based on what I've been seeing here over the last few months.

Good luck.

Finally had a chance to put my new wheels and spacers on. 

Next  - find house (affordable) with garage large enough to keep car away from pesky pigeons and road dust...

Set of 19" lobster claws (non-Porsche) will be up for grabs soon (need to clean them up first) 😀

wheels_BOX_SIII.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Sorry to hear you have to sell. Hope everything works out.

I struggle to get my head around anyone paying 15k for a 3.2.  But yours has a lot of really choice additions.

15k top top, but 13k for a reasonably fast sale, based on what I've been seeing here over the last few months.

Good luck.

I guess this one is in the same ballpark. Roughly.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105182775056?include-delivery-option=on&keywords=Pasm&make=PORSCHE&model=BOXSTER&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=987 S&postcode=nn156bu&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&page=1

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Hunter alignment today, just shows you though , after doing some recent rear end work and all marked up, it was miles out, drives like a different car.

Nice work Mick. Who did the Hunter for you?

4 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Nice work Mick. Who did the Hunter for you?

Funnily enough Chimp Fit in Macclesfield, got a geo package for two years, so today again was a freebe, lad there called Tank, is very thorough let’s you to see what he is doing, last time didn’t know how to do front camber , so I showed him , and got everything in green

Got the car MOT'd, no advisories. Only comment was that the car had done only 1000km between the MOT's, but now that the car is mine I can do better!-)

Went for a nice drive down the local country roads, the car's odo hit 50000km during this drive. Not that much for a 2010 car. Beautiful evening, the picture is taken around 10pm, sun still shining and +23 degrees.

XwG9mcr.jpg

Edited by Finbox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Funnily enough Chimp Fit in Macclesfield, got a geo package for two years, so today again was a freebe, lad there called Tank, is very thorough let’s you to see what he is doing, last time didn’t know how to do front camber , so I showed him , and got everything in green

Are they a small outfit? Cant find any mention of them on Google?

15 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

😂😂Would have thought you knew that one Dave!! Just like Halfrauds etc.

I should have! Sooooo embarrasing. Bit like 'I bought it off the river' - took me a moment to work that one out the first time I read it! At least it made you smile 😀.

Took off the side vents to paint black. Currently silver, on a white car. They will look much better. I thought I’d desnorkel also but don’t want to go the whole hog and remove the blanking plate completely, as I don’t have a mesh insert to replace it with. So, I’ve drilled holes in the blanking plate, around the snorkel area and will see if the noise is any different. It might whistle like a squealing pig for all I know! 

@Sammysmiths I did the same: removed the vents to paint them black and removed the blanking/impactor plate. I then fitted this mesh shown in the Youtube video. If you email him he 3D prints them to order, in terms of colour and what you want writing on it. I went for red (to match the calipers, with white PORSCHE lettering). It takes a couple of weeks to arrive as he posts from Puerto Rico.

4 hours ago, Sammysmiths said:

Took off the side vents to paint black. Currently silver, on a white car. They will look much better. I thought I’d desnorkel also but don’t want to go the whole hog and remove the blanking plate completely, as I don’t have a mesh insert to replace it with. So, I’ve drilled holes in the blanking plate, around the snorkel area and will see if the noise is any different. It might whistle like a squealing pig for all I know! 

Ran mine for 2 years without the blank plate with no issues whatsoever. Don’t think there is much risk really as you’ve got to go some to get stuff in there. Just don’t squirt a jet wash directly into the vent and you should be fine

Edited by Mattman42