What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

49 minutes ago, nixster said:

While waiting for the parts to fix the roof I have done some leather work (ooer) to the drivers bolster and handbrake, inspired by @iborguk

handbrake before

99p1nSO.jpg

during

IsKWThj.jpg

after

udMx5zo.jpg

Bolster after

ye9gW1m.jpg

Colour lock kit seems to give good results?

Nice ! I’d never thought to do the handbrake cover. I’ll take a look at doing that on mine too !

9 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Nice ! I’d never thought to do the handbrake cover. I’ll take a look at doing that on mine too !

Well I’ve got so much stuff left over I’m looking for things to put it on!

Because Metropole blue is a non-standard colour you have to get 30ml which is enough to do the whole interior 🤪

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

Thanks both,

The results looks great, I missed the original post, what was the leather refurb product?  < mine has some jean rivet scratches as well as the handbrake cover to do.

1 minute ago, KWR73 said:

Thanks both,

The results looks great, I missed the original post, what was the leather refurb product?  < mine has some jean rivet scratches as well as the handbrake cover to do.

Colour Lock

https://www.colourlock.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkSckAMSMpJoKlyUSNi3br3lxehKK8tjI8_yOvfFVFXf54q8pFolaE4aApUsEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

Just now, Patrick1964 said:

Today I discovered that the cup holders are telescopic. I’ve had the car 2 1/2 years.....

And if you fold the middle flap back up when the cup holders are out then they don’t swing side to side as you corner…… ? 

• Thanks 1

Replaced the fan and temp switches as the old ones had gone white. Managed to put the plungers in back to front and reassembled fully, but eventually realised and got it right. In the process, decided to remove the radio as its never worked and just hisses white noise. I’m fitting a DD head unit next week. Then, by pure fluke, something happened and the radio sprung into life! And I’ve just ordered a DD facia kit and harness for £90! Dang it!!

Edited by Sammysmiths
Error

Replacement end caps for my roof finally arrived this morning so I now have a functional hood again, thanks to @Mattman42 and his spot on write up 👍

Took the opportunity to grease everything I could see and it’s now much quieter in operation too 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Patrick1964 said:

Another winning tip ! 😁

Took me a while to work that one out!

Yesterday drove 350 miles to the Scottish Borders, roof down all the way. I now have some interesting sun tan lines!  The M6 was tedious with roadworks and traffic but north of Kendal and on the A7 towards Jedburgh the scenery is spectacular. Averaged 31 mpg which is the best I’ve seen for a while. 

On 6/4/2021 at 10:14 PM, Sammysmiths said:

Replaced the fan and temp switches as the old ones had gone white. Managed to put the plungers in back to front and reassembled fully, but eventually realised and got it right. In the process, decided to remove the radio as its never worked and just hisses white noise. I’m fitting a DD head unit next week. Then, by pure fluke, something happened and the radio sprung into life! And I’ve just ordered a DD facia kit and harness for £90! Dang it!!

A modern double din will knock spots off PCM2.1 or PCM3.0

DAB

WAZE

GOOGLE MAPS

SPOTIFY (other music streamers) 

android auto / apple car play

My 14 year old Porsche sat nav matched Waze turn for turn yesterday on a drive from Kent to Buckinghamshire....all the re-routes were identical. 

ive always found the sat nav in the boxster to be excellent. 

Found the right size hex key to pull my wheel centres off and then push them back properly aligned with the valve caps. 
It went well. Feeling confident, might consider opening my own service centre now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Found the right size hex key to pull my wheel centres off and then push them back properly aligned with the valve caps. 
It went well. Feeling confident, might consider opening my own service centre now. 

Do you do windscreen washer top ups? 

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Haven’t been on the training course for that one yet. 

Got to get the right summer or winter mixture dependent on you locale and then only with the correct original Porsche spec.... 😉

started fitting my ballybrace. 

you dont need to jack the car up, you dont need to loosen the ARB, nice easy job. re-taxed the car as well so will take it out later in the week to see if the ballybrace has minimised the tailshake (exagerated term) under very heavy braking. 

• Like 1

Well that was an eventful weekend, with the news that I will only ever be returning to work in the office for half a day every 10-15 days and post August only, so with three cars and a motorbike I am face a realistic consequence of serious downsizing my available transport options, having thought all weekend about the least used at once every fourteen days on average over the last 12 months means sadly the Boxster has to go.....

Pricing (as cabs appear very seasonal is proving elusive for me) its got the sport design kit, a very good spec, some nice upgrades several of which are under 6 months old (new carnewal exhaust, two new rear pzeros, apple car play and plenty of other extras (which i know im not getting back the full value of), plus a whole ton of servic history and bills on her, just over 82k miles, ims, clutch and air condensers done 20k miles ago. FSH with main dealer and specalist.

Trying to find somthing comparable to price against is proving tricky....

8aTK0AN.jpg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8aTK0AN.jpg[/img]

[img]lZyFXB7.jpg[/img]

[img]ohmvDp9.jpg[/img]

[img]aoXeKqZ.jpg[/img]

Edited by ptholt

2 hours ago, ptholt said:

Well that was an eventful weekend, with the news that I will only ever be returning to work in the office for half a day every 10-15 days and post August only, so with three cars and a motorbike I am face a realistic consequence of serious downsizing my available transport options, having thought all weekend about the least used at once every fourteen days on average over the last 12 months means sadly the Boxster has to go.....

Er... am I missing something...?  You've used the Boxster once a fortnight, and you will need a car for work once a fortnight.... So, why not keep the Boxster?  Simple "man-maths" mate, use 'em to your advantage! :lol:

Whatever happens, your car looks like a beauty, so if you do end up selling it I predict it will sell within a couple of days.

3 hours ago, ptholt said:

Pricing (as cabs appear very seasonal is proving elusive for me) its got the sport design kit, a very good spec, some nice upgrades several of which are under 6 months old (new carnewal exhaust, two new rear pzeros, apple car play and plenty of other extras (which i know im not getting back the full value of), plus a whole ton of servic history and bills on her, just over 82k miles, ims, clutch and air condensers done 20k miles ago. FSH with main dealer and specalist.

Trying to find somthing comparable to price against is proving tricky....

8aTK0AN.jpg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8aTK0AN.jpg[/img]

[img]lZyFXB7.jpg[/img]

[img]ohmvDp9.jpg[/img]

[img]aoXeKqZ.jpg[/img]

Probably some in the region of 15k I’d say - depends how quickly you want it gone. You could try Wizzle as well. Good time to sell though

I would say £14-15k. looks a good example and a great time to sell. 

Get some pics on open country lanes or beach fronts to help sell it. 

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Er... am I missing something...?  You've used the Boxster once a fortnight, and you will need a car for work once a fortnight.... So, why not keep the Boxster?  Simple "man-maths" mate, use 'em to your advantage! :lol:

Whatever happens, your car looks like a beauty, so if you do end up selling it I predict it will sell within a couple of days.

Man maths, but its still 3 cars and a motorbike all vying for use once every two weeks sadly.

I should have given a bit more info really as you may revise your valuations based on age/miles.

its a 2005 3.2s with Porsche sport design body kit.

82k miles, 6 owners full porsche and indy service history. A whole host of "improvements" and a decent std spec - 

Full heated electric leather (on recline not the base)
xenon headlights (recently fully refurbished and re-lacqured)
electric windows and remote locking - with two keys and the little black thing
PASM
PSM
6 speed manual
sport chrono
Air con
19" lobsters on fresh P zero rubber on the rears (lots of life in the fronts)

Had ims, clutch and both air condensers done at 62k miles. (lots of other bills, but felt these were important).

The interesting bits - 
Sport design bodykit
upgraded design 911 rear led lights
Porsche GT3 brake master cylinder (bought brand new and fitted at last service 2 months ago - along with aux belt)
Porsche GT3 brake vents
Quick shift kit
Zunsport grills with led dlrs
BMC air filter fitted 2 months ago
Porsche Cad de snorkle
Clear side indicators
Upgraded LED interior lights
Porsche 997.1 wheel retrimmed in stone grey leather (same as interior)
Pioneer apple car play touch screen with reversing camera
upgraded speakers, amp and subwoofer (all expensive items, bills for over a grand worth of audio)
Carnewal GT exhaust (on a 6000 mile exhaust i bought and had fitted in August 2020
Porsche sport twin tail pipes