What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

So today got back home from work and my Bilstein B6 PASM rear struts have finally arrived ( ordered in December!!)

Stripped one out, opened the box and they have sent fronts😡😡

On a positive note the Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds I’ve bought, the one side I’ve done no bolts sheared, 😇using some sound engineering practises, just hope the other side plays ball🤞

Lucky sod ! From memory I just snapped the front two. So look out for the one at the front. I probably spent 20mins on each bolt with various impact guns. But even welding a nut on the snapped stud wouldn’t get them out. I know you can buy/ borrow a jig but just used the original manifold to spot through (drill bit same size as hole) and then fitted  heli-coils. Took one side out a couple of weeks ago and they came out easy. Probably been in there 2-3 years now but stainless bolts now and fake copper grease from halfrauds seems to keep the the two metals from reacting nicely.

Good luck with the rest.

22 minutes ago, Buzzlt said:

Lucky sod ! From memory I just snapped the front two. So look out for the one at the front. I probably spent 20mins on each bolt with various impact guns. But even welding a nut on the snapped stud wouldn’t get them out. I know you can buy/ borrow a jig but just used the original manifold to spot through (drill bit same size as hole) and then fitted  heli-coils. Took one side out a couple of weeks ago and they came out easy. Probably been in there 2-3 years now but stainless bolts now and fake copper grease from halfrauds seems to keep the the two metals from reacting nicely.

Good luck with the rest.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Buzzlt said:

Good luck with the rest.

In the past I have had to drill out and tap, not much fun lying on your back with minimum elbow room, gods have graced me on this side 6 more to go !!!

On 4/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, bally4563 said:

So today got back home from work and my Bilstein B6 PASM rear struts have finally arrived ( ordered in December!!)

Stripped one out, opened the box and they have sent fronts😡😡

On a positive note the Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds I’ve bought, the one side I’ve done no bolts sheared, 😇using some sound engineering practises, just hope the other side plays ball🤞

Were you able to buy the manifolds from Carnewal without exchanging your own? I think mine are blowing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Macus said:

Were you able to buy the manifolds from Carnewal without exchanging your own? I think mine are blowing. 

I bought the manifolds second hand from a link on here , however my manifolds I’ve removed (standard) could be available for sale

Excellent job craigjam £10 compared with £150 total satisfaction in doing yourself happy days 

11 hours ago, craigjam said:

kevin450 inspired me to get in with recovering my cracked arm rest lid - super pleased with how well this has turned out, and only 10 quid in materials!

51118212482_bb181f1f9e_c_d.jpg

45 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Had the wheels refurbed and new tyres all round - all fitted, cleaned the car and top down today.  Very pleased 😃

Refurb-wheels-April-21.jpg

Wheels look much better IMO. The car looks great.

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

Had the wheels refurbed and new tyres all round - all fitted, cleaned the car and top down today.  Very pleased 😃

Refurb-wheels-April-21.jpg

Wheels look great and I really like your front bumper corner thingies! :D

1 minute ago, Deano37 said:

@MickH Looks nice!

Just taken delivery of a used one from Ebay, but need to get matched to the car colour. 

Any issues with changing over from the original one?

Not at all its super easy.  @Lonewolfgjp was kind enough to send me some instructions.  It takes about 15 minutes and is as simple as

Push the centres out of the plastic clips (3 of on back of spoiler)

Remove upper section

Remove 2 holding nuts

Put new one one

1 minute ago, MickH said:

Not at all its super easy.  @Lonewolfgjp was kind enough to send me some instructions.  It takes about 15 minutes and is as simple as

Push the centres out of the plastic clips (3 of on back of spoiler)

Remove upper section

Remove 2 holding nuts

Put new one one

Excellent. Thanks