What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

3 hours ago, EVO Chris said:

1st day out since last year, took her to work....lovely to get back behind the wheel after a winter of using the winter car.

1ST DAY

She looks gorgeous Chris..

On 4/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, mneil said:

When fitting mine I first used making tape to measure and mark, then using lots of water from and old spray bottle to apply the sticky plate applied to both the bumper and the back of the plate. When totally happy with the placement then work gently from the center outwards whilst holding the plate in position.

Good luck, I think they improve the look/lines of the front no end rather than that after thought of a plate holder😃.

2020-11-07_12-15-41

Iwasnt sure if wetting a very sticky plate would work....

Picked mine up from local indie after clutch, flywheel and RMS change. Flywheel was goosed. Drives like a completely different car now - clutch pedal is now very light where it had been extremely stiff with a very high biting point.

Also had a great discussion about  crossover pipe replacement which I may now do myself whilst i am doing planned front suspension refresh.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ptholt said:

Iwasnt sure if wetting a very sticky plate would work....

I watched you tube videos on applying ppf and wrapping. Same principle, loads of water allowed the plate to slide into place.

helps if you have a very small drop of detailing spray or car wash soap in the water too😉

As long as the vinyl isn't very cheap - you can easily squeegee out the excess fluid.

Came round a corner at some speed this morning, to find police attending a prang and the road blocked. I now know just how good the brakes are on my Porsche. I'm mightily relieved that my car didn't join the rest of the scrap strewn across the road. Good tyres, good brakes & adequate attention to the road. It did make me think.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, minimoog said:

I gather it's generally regarded as a 'when' not 'if' problem, so yes very common.

The cables aren't mega money - OEM are £325 at Design911 (probably similar at your OPC parts counter).  Needless to say an indie would swap them out for less than your OPC quote.

Yeah I know but factor in a trailer and the hassle factor and OPC became the least worst option. At least the only other thing they could find was the alarm battery which I turned down at £345 🤣

Silver lining I hope is that the gear change should now be like the proverbial hot knife through butter🤞 

20 hours ago, red rocket said:

Picked mine up from local indie after clutch, flywheel and RMS change. Flywheel was goosed. Drives like a completely different car now - clutch pedal is now very light where it had been extremely stiff with a very high biting point.

Mind if I ask what kind of cost that work is?

So today got back home from work and my Bilstein B6 PASM rear struts have finally arrived ( ordered in December!!)

Stripped one out, opened the box and they have sent fronts😡😡

On a positive note the Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds I’ve bought, the one side I’ve done no bolts sheared, 😇using some sound engineering practises, just hope the other side plays ball🤞

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

So today got back home from work and my Bilstein B6 PASM rear struts have finally arrived ( ordered in December!!)

On a positive note the Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds I’ve bought, the one side I’ve done no bolts sheared, 😇using some sound engineering practises, just hope the other side plays ball🤞

BFH?

Just now, bally4563 said:

Nah!! Soaked in plus gas , smacked/shocked, tighten , slacken , and repeat

Been under his car for weeks Bally Mick stuck in a loop of tightening, slackening & tightening bolts. 

2 minutes ago, Cocky said:

Been under his car for weeks Bally Mick stuck in a loop of tightening, slackening & tightening bolts. 

It’s not just bolts, he has a play with his nuts while he’s there.

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

How many Thatchers were consumed before ordering?